Thursday, February 9, 2012

Build Day 34: Banebots Came In

We got our shipment of Banebots motors and gearboxes today. 5 x P60 16:1 Gearboxes and 4 x 550 motors. This will give us plenty of spares for the two that we plan to use to run our collector and elevator. We finished making the mounts for them as well but we don't have them mounted because we are planning to change out the polycord that we have been testing with and mounting them would get in the way.

We also made the new and improved shooter hood. This one looks a lot better, we'll have to wait and see if it makes any drastic improvements to the hood. You can see the new hood below. Also you can see the bridge device on the robot as well.

We did more code testing, we are getting good signals back from the shooter wheel velocity and the angle of the hood. We need to do some tuning but those look like they will be working well. We also have valid data back from our IR sensors along the collector/elevator.

We weighed the robot tonight and we are at a very happy 96.65lbs. After body work (side panels and things) we should be right at 105-110 that give us 10 lbs of weight to pull our CG a little more forward on the robot to help improve it's turning characteristics. We have a 3/8" thick plate of aluminum that was donated to us by Trident Metal. It should be easy enough for us to machine to fit where we need the weight.
Here is a quick video of us testing the short range of robot yesterday.

3 in a Row from Spectrum 3847 on Vimeo.

- Allen Gregory

"Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." - Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.